Removes zero length segments (zero in 2 dimensions), merges parts at endpoints that only connect to each other, reorients segments that are pointing against the prevailing orientation for a part.
[Visual Basic 6.0] Sub SimplifyNetwork
[Visual Basic .NET] Public Sub SimplifyNetwork ( _ )
[C#] public void SimplifyNetwork ( );
[Java] public void simplifyNetwork ( ) throws IOException, AutomationException
[C++] HRESULT SimplifyNetwork( void );
Performs a partial simplification of the Polyline to ensure necessary consistency for a valid Network but not true topological simplicity. SimplifyNetwork performs the following alterations to the base Polyline:
1) Deletes empty and zero length segments.
2) Removes empty parts.
3) Makes segment orientation mutually consistent. Ensures that the following FromPoints and preceding ToPoints of connected segments are equal.
4) Creates new parts for discontiguous segments or segments with different attributes.
5) Merge parts where exactly two parts share an endpoint.
6) For a pair of segments in a part that share an endpoint such that one segment has NaN attributes and the other has non-NaN attributes, assign the non-NaN attributes of one to the corresponding NaN slots of the other.
It is possbile for network features to have an inconsistent geometry requiring simplification, for example, a network edge can be a multipart feature whose parts share an endpoint. To correct the feature's geometry, set IsKnownSimple to False and call SimplifyNetwork on the feature to correct the inconsistency.