Applies 3D properties associated with a feature layer and writes the result to a new multipatch feature class.
In order for an input feature to be converted the result must support representation as a multipatch. For example, points symbolized as 3D markers can be converted.
Only certain 3D properties are applied, for example:
- 3D symbols assigned to points.
- 3D symbols assigned to lines.
- Extrusion applied to polygons.
- Non-Extruded polygons with Z values.
- Texture downsampling assigned to multipatches.
Texture fill symbols are not supported.
Draped layers in ArcGlobe are not supported. Due to the dynamic nature of draped surfaces height values will not be maintained.
If the input layer contains 3D Marker symbols with restricted geometries, for example textured multipatch, the 3D features will not be added to the output feature class.