Open topic with navigation
Inside the ArcGIS API for Flex
After you've completed the Getting Started, take a look at the tutorials listed below. These tutorials demonstrate how the MXML and ActionScript code is used to perform various functions in the ArcGIS API for Flex. Understanding each element of the code and its syntax will increase your productivity and save time.
All tutorials contain an overview and how-to guide.
- Using Map walks you through the creation of a map using MXML.
- Using Query shows you how to add a query task to a map.
- Using Extent demonstrates how to set extents, retrieve the current extent, and listen for extent changes.
- Using Graphic shows you how to take advantage of InfoSymbols and infoRenderers as well as define inline and external infoRenderers.
- Symbolizing Graphics shows you how to user renderers to easily assign symbols based on attributes of the graphics. [New in version 1.2]
- Geoprocessing tasks demonstrates the Geoprocessor class which allows you to access geoprocessing tasks on an ArcGIS Server.
- Routing tasks shows how to work with routing and driving directions using the RouteTask. [New in version 1.2]
- Styling Components shows you use modify your map compenents to give them your own style.
For in-depth information on Adobe Flex, see Understanding Flex; to learn more about ArcGIS Server, see Understanding ArcGIS Server.