What's New in 1.2
- The Standard and Showcase Silverlight templates are now integrated with Visual Web Developer Express 2008.
- A new event handler has been added to feature layers to listen for updates. The UpdateChanged event will fire when the all graphic features in the feature layer have been retrieved.
- Spatial reference of geometry returned in a DrawCompleted event handler matches the Map.
- Spatial reference of geometry returned with features from a query operation matches the Map by default.
- Added support for using Bing Maps geocode and route services over HTTPS.
- Added an Effect property to layers to enable the use of a pixel shader.
- Improve logging support and enable writing to the browser debug log.
- Navigation control's zoom slider can be enabled by setting minimum and maximum resolution on the map. The zoom slider is no longer dependent on a tiled map service layer to be displayed.
- WPF: Added Graphics.FindGraphicsInHostCoordinates method.
- A complete list of public API changes between version 1.1 and 1.2, see comparisons for the following assemblies:
ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Behaviors (no notable changes)
ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Bing (no notable changes)
ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Toolkit (no notable changes)
- Hovering over a graphic sometimes throws a null reference error
- When updating the envelope of an element in the ElementLayer, the element does not reposition until a zoom occurs
- MultiPoint geometries do not display correctly during zoom animation
- When rotating the map and changing extent the map does not refresh correctly
- Changing the OffsetX/Y properties of a MarkerSymbol at runtime does not re-center the graphic
- MeasureAction returns 0 area when set to feet
- Background of FeatureDataGrid popup menu needs to be completely opaque
- Requests for tiles from an ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer should use ProxyUrl
- Add ProxyUrl and Token to FeatureLayer.
- Setting Silverlight Windowless parameter to true results in disabling mouse wheel in FireFox
- ToBitmap() returns the wrong bitmap extent when the layer has been panned
- WPF: Working with MultiPoint geometries throws exception
- WPF: MeasureAction returns a XamlParseException error: RotatingTextSymbol' type is not public
- WPF: Map and geoprocessing services cannot be used when a WPF user control is hosted an ElementHost
- WPF: Color and location of coordinates displayed with ShowCoordinatesBehavior is incorrect
For a complete list of what was updated in the prior version, see the previous What's New document.